Monday, October 19, 2009

Australia will be hungry for win in ODI series: Bhajji


NAGPUR: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who bubbles with energy at the very sight of the Australians, believes that the Ricky Ponting-led side has a point to prove and will come hard at the hosts in the forthcoming One-day series starting on Sunday.

"Australia have always been a very tough opposition. They have regrouped well after the retirements of their big guns. Also, since they lost the Test series last year in India, they will be hungry for win. But, if we play as a team, we can beat any side in the world," Harbhajan Singh told TOI.

The ace spinner, who has been involved in a few incidents on the field with the Australians, played down his angry exchanges with Ponting's team. Asked what was it about the Australians that intimidates him, he said: "Nothing really. I just want to do well against the best team in the world. It feels great to be performing against best."

Harbhajan, however, agreed that he is a very emotional person and a passionate cricketer. "I am an emotional person and whenever I wear the India colours, I become very passionate. Without passion, you can never achieve your goal in life."

Being a senior pro in the side, the off-spinner realizes that he has an added responsibility of guiding and inspiring the young bowlers in the side.

"I have been doing that for some years now. It is not a new thing. I do guide the youngsters and make them feel comfortable. I don't want them to make all those mistakes which I did early in my career. I think every senior in the team has that responsibility and I am doing the same."

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment