Friday, October 16, 2009

Zaheer hits back at Australia

ANGALORE: Indian pacer Zaheer Khan, who is out of action for the last four months due to a shoulder injury, says Australia should look at what their own team is doing and stop worrying about others.

On the upcoming India-Australian ODI series, Zaheer exuded confidence that Mahendra Singh Dhoni's team would do well.

On Australia team, Zaheer said, "They talk more about the team they are playing against than their own. It is time they look at what their own team is doing and stop worrying about others."

Zaheer was hopeful of returning to the national side and going though regular fitness drills to keep himself fit.

Zaheer, who had undergone an 'arthroscopic labral repair' on his left shoulder in South Africa mid-July and subsequently a rehabilitation programme, said he was currently working on his fitness.

"I have been bowling for a while and have been regularly practising for the last two weeks. I am trying to gain my bowling fitness. That is why I am playing domestic games, to judge where I stand in a match," the bowler said on the sideline of a promotional event.

The left-arm pacer picked up the injury during the second edition of Indian Premier League, where he was playing for the Mumbai Indians.

"I miss playing cricket, and that is for sure that I want to get back to playing cricket," said the 30-year-old, who missed both the Twenty20 World Cup in England and Champions Trophy in South Africa.

The cricketer was also of the opinion that injury is the part and parcel of a pace bowler.

"Injury is part and parcel of the game. You can delay the process, but cannot escape it. I have a positive mindset and focus on controlling levels. That is what I look at," Zaheer said.

"As far as playing matches goes, I endorse playing a lot of games especially for a bowler to ensure match fitness irrespective of whether it was of club or international standard," he added.

"I am playing domestic game at this time, which is important for me to get back to international cricket."

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment