Saturday, November 7, 2009

Marsh doesn't mind Sachin stealing thunder

Sydney: Australian opener Shaun Marsh, who scored run-a-ball 112 against India in the fifth ODI says Sachin Tendulkar's spectacular ODI innings stealing his thunder didn't bother him, as he ended up on the winning side.

"It doesn't really both me, we won!" said Marsh, who scored his maiden century in the match.

The decision to restore Marsh to the top of the order, after captain Ricky Ponting himself batted there two games ago, was justified by the 26-year-old's run-a-ball 112, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

It also ensured Shaun emulated his father, former opener Geoff Marsh, in scoring his maiden one-day century while touring India.

"It's a good feeling to know that he (Dad) has scored hundreds for Australia and now I have has well," Marsh said.

"I struggled at the start with my timing but I knew if I could just hang in there, it would get easier because it was a good batting wicket. I got dropped a few times but I was happy that I hung in there and finally got the team into a decent position and kicked on," he added.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment