Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wright extends Sussex contract

Luke Wright has signed a new three-year contract with Sussex, which will keep him at Hove until the end of the 2012 season.

Wright, 24, scored 637 first-class runs at an average of 49 in 2009, with three centuries to his name, and he performed with the ball as well, taking two five-wicket hauls in the campaign.

Those efforts earned him a call-up to England's Test squad for the tour of South Africa, having already made his mark in the limited-overs sides.

"The contract extension is exciting for me and I want to be a big part of a bright future for the club," said Wright. "I love playing for Sussex and the county have been great in helping me achieve my goal of playing for England. I look forward to winning more trophies with this remarkable club in years to come."

Mark Robinson, Professional Cricket Manager, said: "Luke is one of the most exciting young players in the country and we're delighted that he has committed to the club for the immediate future."

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment