Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Harbhajan: We can beat Aussies

Harbhajan Singh says India has what it takes to beat Australia in the ongoing one-day series and promised to be his aggressive self.
"I believe if we play to our potential we will win 5-2.

It is very important for me to do well. I am most happy when the situation demands that I perform well for my country," Harbhajan told 'Daily Telegraph'.

The off-spinner is struggling to get back his touch as a bowler but was impressive with the willow as he blasted a 31-ball 49 in the first match to steer India close to win though the hosts lost by four runs in the end.

"It would have been nice to win the game with the bat but, obviously, when you come so close from nowhere it is quite satisfying. Next time I will make sure that we win."

A win in the series would ensure India number one spot in world rankings.

The turbanator insisted that taking the bull by horn is the only way to tackle the Australian team.

"It is always fun to play Australia. There is something about it that seems to make me lift to a higher level. I am a confident person and it helps me when I play against the best team in the world.

"It brings the best out of me. They like to dominate and intimidate but I just give it back, just believe in yourself," he said.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment